It came to me late last night that I have left you poor guys/ gals without any means of what a good recipe might be so I have decided to post some of my favorite for you for two. Todays is one of my favorite dishes from Italy’s coastal region.
Tonno Alla Catalana
- 2 Tuna Steak
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- .5 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Peeled and seeded Tomato chopped (available in canned form)
- Salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
- .5 Red Onion, ringed (slice like an onion ring)
- 1 Potato, diced (chop into 1/4 in” sizes)
- .5 Yellow Pepper (slice into 1/4″ strips)
- .5 Red Pepper (slice into 1/4″ strips)
- .5 Peperoncino (fine chop)
Now saute the tuna in about 1 tbsp oil (you want to heat it quick to a seer without it sticking or it will fall apart) Pour in your wine and add tomato allow simmer and season to taste. Heat the remaining oil and saute your onions, when translucent add your potatoes and cook for a few min and then add your peppers, once they are slightly soft and potatoes are done add Peperoncino and serve.
Good luck and stay tuned for more tasty morsels.