“A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?”
So let us rewind the hands of time for this blog’s sake. I seem to have forgoten that not everyone is a chef and not everyone knows what a woman wants in the food realm. So what kind of food are we talking about? As stated earlier keep it light. Just because you are a burger guy and enjoy the 2.5 pound burger challenge doen’t mean she wants to watch you sweat and drool your way through it. Nor is an all you can eat buffet for $9.95 a good idea either. Just because you arent rolling in cash does not mean you need to be a cheapskate.
So what are we looking for in food. Light, refreshing, clean, and savory dishes should be your priority foods. STAY AWAY FROM GREASE AND FAT/FAST FOODS. This said here is a list of recomended dishes. Seasonality of availabilty will vary.
1. Scallops (Fresh not frozen)
3. Muscles (not yours but the shellfish buddy)
1. Spinach Salad tossed in an Apple Cider Vinaigrette, topped with Melon, Red Berries, candied Pecans, and Feta cheese
2. Arugula Salad lightly coated with Balsamic Vinaigrette and topped with Avacado
3. Frissee dressed with Lemon Champaine Vinaigrette and topped with blached Radishes
1. Chicken stuffed with Prosciutto, Mozzarella cheese, and Asparagus
2. Filet Mignon wrapped with bacon and served with season sautéed vegetables
3. Pasta Primavera with Grilled Chicken and fresh Vegetables all tossed in Garlic White Wine Sauce.
3. Whipped Cream
4. All 3 together!
All of these are just a few suggestions. Remember finger foods can be romantic as well since you can feed each other. Blind folded or not. Hint hint…..
Many years ago, when Oscar Wilde was dining in a luxurious London restaurant, he shocked his companions when he picked up a lamb chop with his fingers and began eating it. Realizing that people were looking at him disapprovingly, Wilde returned their glances and remarked, “You poor souls, have you completely forgotten that eating is supposed to be fun?”